Monday, June 25, 2012

Man (blog) overboard!


I’ve really enjoyed writing this blog for you. I keep coming up with new ideas and so does everyone else. Whenever I tell someone I started an infusion blog, they get excited and fill me full of stories of their favorite infusions.
Farmer's Mark + grocery store = Craig's broke!

I think all this boozalicious excitement has gotten the best of me. My planning for the Week of Craig infusion tasting party preparation this weekend got a little over the top. My trip to Saturday’s Dane County Farmer’s Market produced two bunches of rhubarb, three quarts of strawberries, two quarts of red raspberries, one quart of black raspberries and some fresh herbal mint. Total = $36.

Then, a trip to my local Hy-Vee grocery store produced Jelly Belly's, Gummi Bears, Jolly Ranchers, Skittles, marshmallows, three bottles of vodka, plastic shot glasses and 2 pints of blackberries. Total = $64


Grand total of today's shopping .... um, let's not talk about that.

Please don’t rat me out to the good people at mint.com. It seems I’ve blown my booze budget for the next couple months! Yes, I literally have a line item in my personal budget titled "booze." Hey, stop judging me! 

The spending may be the bad news, but the good news is that all this yummy goodness is going to produce enough infusions to ensure I’m able to post something new each week for the next month or two at least!

Stay tuned and, as always, cheers!

Craig

1 comment:

  1. Very informative post. I appreciate your thoughtful writes. Thanks for sharing such a helpful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I created this blog as an experiment. If you liked what you read, have a suggestion for others, have feedback for me or simply have a question, please feel free to leave a comment.

If you like what you read, please subscribe or plug in your email for automatic notifications of new blog entries.

If you really like what you read, please consider sharing your favorite recipe via social media!

Thanks for your comment.

As always, cheers!

Craig