Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome to my booze blog!


“Oh that’s good.” 

That’s what Wisconsinites say when biting into a cheese curd, string cheese, fried cheese, or taking a swig from a tall glass of milk. It’s not easy being lactose intolerant in Wisconsin. Seriously. Every meal in the “dairy state” comes with cheese. I think the legislature requires it. Since I can’t sink my teeth into cheese curds, I’m turning to something else that makes me say “oh, that’s good.” 

One day, I was drinking a glass of my favorite Cherry Bounce. There I was, brandy snifter in hand searching the internet for something fun to make for an upcoming party. It hit me; you can get everything on the internet. 

Seriously, I’ve tried. 

The internet is home to a gazillion websites that have recipes for everything from cookies to dinners to sugar free organic peanut-free food that actually tastes like peanut butter. Yet, nowhere on the internet is a list of different booze infusions. And if there is anything in life that I like, it’s booze. After all, I’m from Wisconsin. 

Well, search the internet no more. Impress your friends by making your very own homemade liquor infusion. After all, there’s nothing better than having a pal say “oh that’s good.” If you like a good drink and are up for an adventure, this blog’s for you. 

I originally had designs on posting a different infusion each week, but I know myself way to well to promise that. Thus, here’s my pledge to you. I, Craig, being of sound mind and body, do hereby pledge to, on somewhat of a semi-regular basis, post a new liquor infusion for you to try. And if you are up for the challenge, I encourage you to take this journey with me. 

If you try one of these recipes and say “oh that’s good,” then please, share this with a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I created this blog as an experiment. If you liked what you read, have a suggestion for others, have feedback for me or simply have a question, please feel free to leave a comment.

If you like what you read, please subscribe or plug in your email for automatic notifications of new blog entries.

If you really like what you read, please consider sharing your favorite recipe via social media!

Thanks for your comment.

As always, cheers!

Craig