Saturday, July 7, 2012

A birthday let down

Today's my birthday.

Yup. The BIG ... oh, I'm going to keep you guessing. I look a lot younger than I really am, and while that completely sucked in high school, it's paying big dividends now!

It's been a while since I last posted, so I wanted to give you a birthday update. I've been serving infusions randomly to friends. Last week, I served an entire 16 oz. flask of strawberry vodka in mini shots to my softball team and our wonderful (three) fans. It went over pretty well, although I am sure some of them would have preferred an iced cold Miller after playing in 100 degree heat.

I've also been serving the marshmallow, as I made a lot of it. The best feedback I've gotten is that it tastes just like marshmallows. I guess that means I did it right!

Since today is my birthday, I should get anything I want, right? WRONG. First thing this morning, my lady and I hit the Farmer's Market and the nice man behind the cherry table totally ruined my birthday when he broke the bad news to me; he isn't sure the tart Door County, Wisconsin cherries are going to make their way down to Madison this year because the crop was decimated due to the extreme heat and then refreezing we got this Spring.

Instead, I bough sweet cherries and removed the pits and made some sweet cherry bounce this morning.

No time to type it up. I gotta run and pick up my lady from the gym. Yup, I infuse while she works out. It's a great relationship!

So, now I've got sweet cherry bounce and raspberry vodka in the hopper. I'll pick one and post the recipe after my birthday is over.

Until then, cheers!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment

I created this blog as an experiment. If you liked what you read, have a suggestion for others, have feedback for me or simply have a question, please feel free to leave a comment.

If you like what you read, please subscribe or plug in your email for automatic notifications of new blog entries.

If you really like what you read, please consider sharing your favorite recipe via social media!

Thanks for your comment.

As always, cheers!

Craig